Y03 EMG preamplifier
|Y03 - A discrete preamplifier with a x300 gain, designed for EMG signals
Featuring a differential input design, the unique design of the Motion Lab Systems EMG preamplifiers enables researchers to produce high-quality, low-noise EMG data from subjects under the most adverse conditions (e.g. on treadmills, using mobile phones etc.) with minimal skin preparation or subsequent signal processing.
This preamplifier, with x300 gain, is plug compatible with the BIOPAC TSD150 Series Active Electrode for fine wire recording when ordered with the 005 connector option (RJ11 jack).
The Z03 EMG preamplifier has been designed for ease of use and reliability and provides superb performance in day to day use, as well as in the hands of the researcher or first time user. Unlike other EMG preamplifiers, Motion Lab Systems preamplifiers incorporate both radio frequency interference (RFI) filters and electrostatic discharge (ESD) protection circuitry resulting in an extraordinarily reliable EMG preamplifier that can be used in almost any environment.
- Direct EMG pre-amplification close to the signal source provides the highest myoelectric signal quality for accurate, reliable EMG signal detection and eliminates cable motion artifact.
- Internal RFI and ESD protection prevents radio frequency interference and static damage.
- The low-impedance output of the preamplifier eliminates cable noise and cable motion artifacts without requiring any additional signal processing within the preamplifier.
- The preamplifier will withstand muscle "stim" voltages up to 250V, allowing the user to directly stim the muscle while the preamplifier is connected a fine-wire electrode.
- An integral ground reference plane provides immunity to electromagnetic environmental noise.
- All signal and power conductors in the preamplifier cable are enclosed inside an independent, isolated shield to eliminate interference from AC power-lines and other sources of interference.
- Constructed using bio compatible housing and sensor materials to prevent allergic reactions.
- Each unit is professionally built in using high precision surface-mount instrumentation components for optimal EMG performance.
- Connections - two 4-40 threaded nylon thumbscrews (s/s available on request).
- Body Size - 38mm x 19mm x 8mm.
- Weight - 10 grams (excluding lead and connector).
- Cable Length - 1.4 meters (55 inches).
- Temperature Range - 0 to 40 degrees C.
- Gain at 1 kHz x300 ±1%
- Input Impedance > 100,000,000 ohms.
- Noise < 1.2uV RMS
- CMRR > 100 dB at 65Hz.
- Input Protection - RFI and ESD protected
- Signal Bandwidth - 15Hz to 2,000Hz (-3dB).
- Power supply range ±5 Volts to ±15 Volts
- Power consumption 2.4mA per supply throughout voltage range.
- Y03-000 - no connector.
- Y03-002 - 4-pin BINDER connector
- Y03-003 - 4-pin LEMO connector
- Y03-004 - 5-pin LEMO connector
- Y03-005 - 6-pin RJ12 (BIOPAC TSD150 pinout)
This preamplifier is available with a DC or AC coupled output - the 002 and 003 connector options are AC coupled (100nF), while the 000, 004 and 005 options are DC coupled.